- Production: Not released
- QA: June 19, 2007
New Features and Enhancements
- ( 207) Language code recognition for SCORM localized strings was improved.
Support for bulk operations was added. Bulk operations can be performed
from the Activities list page or from a list of activities that have a
certain tag. The first two bulk operations 'Grant content to a client'
and 'Add a tag' were added.
- (1228) Response
Analysis Report: The report now includes a drop down list of
assessments (where there has been at least one completed instance) and
associated event information, if appropriate. It also includes support
for open ended text responses. The complete text entered by the
respondent is included in the report text. No grouping or statistics
are computed for open ended text responses. The report now exports to
CSV, Excel, PDF, and XML. Note that the CSV output may contain new line
characters in the question text and response fields and it may be
necessary to manually edit the CSV file to delimit these characters
before importing the file into another application.
Historical Login Activity Report is a new report available to LMS
users. The report includes the elapsed time for each login, and lists
all activities where there was interaction during the period of login.
If a user has multiple concurrent logins, the user's interaction time
will be reported against all logins where the interaction date falls
between the login and log off time. The report supports export to CSV,
Excel, PDF and XML file formats.
- (1343) You can now specify the item type when loading an asset or adding a file to an activity.
Added a new 'Content History' page linked from the item summary page.
This displays information about the manifest (identifier, version) and
shows a history of the operations against the activity.
- (1589) All item metadata specified in a SCORM package manifest is now saved when loaded to the system.
- (1724) Improved the display of the item summary page. The entire contents can now be seen as an expandable tree.
Added support for tagging activities. This allows content to be grouped
in any arbitrary fashion and bulk operations to be performed on the
- (1726) No longer subtract the session timeout length from SCO and assessment ending times.
- (1815) Web Services API: Added support for tagging activities.
- (1820) Web Services API: Default new users to 'student' if the person's administrative privilege is not specified.
- ( 582) Content can now be granted multiple times to the same organization.
- ( 584) Loaded content can now replace content that has been granted to another organization and, subsequently, deleted.
- ( 594)
When re-loading content, the time-consuming deletion of existing SCORM
package is omitted. Now the matching SCORM package is marked as deleted
for latter purging (if needed). Consequently, re-loading of content
should no longer cause a database time-out error.
- ( 633) If an item type is specified when loading an asset, it is now saved properly.
- ( 647) Provide better feedback when attempting to load content without specifying a file.
- ( 673) Loading content should no longer block access to the activities list for other users.
- ( 926) Deleted items are now excluded from roll-up rules when calculating statuses.
- (1464) Adding an offline attempt will no longer overwrite a previous attempt if same date and time is specified.
- (1509) Assessment content is now automatically wrapped in a SCORM package when loaded with defaults specified by a template.
- (1522) Loaded assets can now be replaced.
- (1540) Attempt duration limit field now allows larger value, eliminating possibility of overflow.
- (1545) Fixed bug which could cause timeout while importing users and data.
- (1563) Hide membership fee information on membership creation and renewal pages for organizations which do not support payment.
- (1656) Copy the 'Display on course results page' setting when copying an activity.
When loading a SCORM content, now the SCORM rollup rules defaults are
added only if no rollup rule conditions are defined for the loaded item.
Settings that determine which person fields are editable and required
for an organization are now used by the web services API. Previously,
the required fields were 'hard-coded'.
- (1692) Removing prerequisites from an activity sometime caused the application to stop responding.
- (1694) Certification title and description fields are now validated correctly for organizations that support two or more languages.
When importing users that were marked already as 'deleted' by the LMS
administrator, now the import process will correctly resurrect user and
reset their username to the imported value.
- (1703) After deleting an item, the user is no longer always redirected to the activities list page.
When updating a user (via Web Services or User Import facility) the
given username is now accepted even if it does not match the case of
the existing username. However, the given username capitalization
overrides existing one.
- (1718) SCORM 1.2 Runtime Environment now reports the total time across all attempts.
- (1720) Attempting to import data using an invalid file now gives better error feedback.
No longer recalculating statuses when returning from an assessment in
review mode. Previously, returning from an assessment could cause a
person's success status to change if the item's passing score had been
altered since the person last experienced the item.
- (1737) Items that are selected now properly show up as checked in search grids.
Elapsed time for a student's use of an activity is now calculated
correctly. Previously, time for items that were still in progress was
not being included.
- (1768) The 'My Profile'
page now always shows the correct fields and localizations for
administrators, regardless of the current organization being
- (1773) When loading content with identifiers that exceed the maximum length, provide appropriate feedback about truncation performed.
- (1775) Make sure that all sessions are cleaned up when the LMS application starts (in case sessions were terminated abnormally).
- (1788) Ensure that the content menu is set appropriately when drilling into an event.
- (1827) Web Services API: Location, department, and job title names can now be changed by identifying them with their 'Id' field.
- (1839) Web Services API: The GrantContent method now returns both the source and target Ids of the content granted when successful.
- (1842) Web Services API: The GrantContent method now checks that the number of activities passed to it does not exceed 200.
Web Services API: The CreateOrUpdate method on a LmsPersonObject is now
done as an atomic action. Previously, it was possible that a
department, location, or job title could be updated or created even
though the update to the person failed.
- (1869) AICC packages generated for external LMS clients now exclude all items that were deleted by a Firmwater LMS administrator.
- (1878) Strings are now trimmed when checking if a certification name is empty.
- (1880) Clear errors from an activity's 'Self-Registration' page after display.
All person fields are now trimmed when being saved. This stops a
username being created with leading or training space from the signup
- (1895) Fixed a bug where the
certification level was being deleted even when the 'Cancel' button was
clicked from the confirmation dialog.
Web Services API: Provide an appropriate error message when attempting
to update an object with identifying values that already exist.
- ( 344)
Resolve some timeout issues when attempting to replace a loaded
assessment. The old assessment is now just marked as deleted instead of
actually deleting it.
- (1888) Add support for 'both' assessment feedback timing value.